|CVD diamond substrates from II-VI Infrared are available for applications including multispectral laser optics, dielectric windows, heat sinks, and more.
Diamond is the ultimate material for a wide variety of applications because of its outstanding physical properties, including extreme hardness and strength, high thermal conductivity, low thermal expansion, excellent dielectric properties, resistance to chemical attack, and optical transmission over a wide spectral range.
II-VI Infrared produces high-quality polycrystalline CVD diamond substrates in its state-of-the-art growth and fabrication facilities. The material is grown using a plasma-assisted chemical vapor deposition process, laser-cut to the required dimensions, and the surface is finished to the customer’s specification. Other special fabrication services are available, such as edge-grinding, laser-engraving, and optical assembly design and fabrication. II-VI Infrared specializes in advanced optical coatings for diamond substrates, including AR, HR, and TFP for single wavelength or multi-spectral applications.
Some of the products that can be supplied by II-VI include:
CVD Diamond substrates are finished to customer specifications, including:
- High-power CO2 laser windows (10 µm range) for industrial laser applications
- High-power multi-spectral laser windows for industrial or research applications.
- High-power millimeter-wave windows for fusion and directed energy applications
- Heat spreaders for extreme thermal management applications
- Products for mechanical applications requiring ultra-hard materials.
CVD Diamond can be produced in various material grades, including:
- Thickness: tens of µm to over 2 mm
- Surface finish: as-grown, lapped, polished or ultra-polished
- Surface figure: ultra-flat to slightly convex or concave
- Optical configuration: plano-plano, wedged, slightly focusing or defocusing.
- Electronic or detector grade
- Optical grade
- Thermal management grade
- Mechanical grade
Click here to download a PDF of our CVD Diamond Substrates brochure.
For more information about CVD Diamond products and applications, contact a II-VI Infrared sales and support representative.