A coating tray with ZnSe lenses.
|II-VI is the recognized leader in designing and producing consistently low-absorption coatings for high-power CO2 laser optics. Our thin-film coating facility completes our vertically integrated component capability to allow optical fabrication, diamond-turning, and coating to be performed at the same location. Having a combined 170 years of experience, the II-VI coating department staff offers a broad coating range for CO2 laser and infrared imaging applications.
|A coating technician reviews the coating process.
||A II-VI Infrared cleaning technician inspects parts after the coating process.
The Quality Difference
- Custom-designed, state-of-the-art coating equipment in our high-volume infrared coating shops in Saxonburg and Singapore provide maximum OEM production capacity
- Recognized as a quality supplier for coat-only services, custom thin-film designs, and military/aerospace defense services
- Manufactures to the customers’ highest quality standards in performance, testing, and cosmetic requirements
- Prototype coating designs, custom optical tooling, cleaning services
- Automated computer and electronic controls for consistent and repeatable process monitoring
- Clean room manufacturing (class 1,000 to 10,000), 12,000 sq. ft. area
- Established practice in “Make It the Same,” to assure a consistent quality product regardless of where it is manufactured
II-VI provides a broad coating range for laser and infrared imaging applications:
- Coatings on optics up to 16” in diameter
- Coatings for wavelengths from the visible to infrared (.45 to 25 µm)
- Custom coating design
- High-efficiency broadband anti-reflective coatings
- High-damage threshold low-absorption laser coatings
- Very high-reflectivity mirror coatings
- Broadband beamsplitter coatings
- zinc selenide
- zinc sulfide
- zinc sulfide MultiSpectral
- gallium arsenide
- fused silica
- silicon carbide
- other infrared transmitting materials
- Optical tooling designs to hold most complex optical shapes and fixtures
- MilSpec testing capabilities with additional internal stringent testing to meet most durability requirements
- Customized coatings to meet customer needs and demands
Beam Delivery Coatings
We offer both high-reflective and transmission type coatings for all beam delivery applications.Reflective Coatings
- MMR: our highest-reflection bend mirror coatings
- ATFR: minimizes laser feedback
- RPR: controls polarization and provides precision phase shift
- TRZ: maintains incident polarization
Our AR coatings provide consistently low absorption and reflection to meet the high-power CO2 laser application needs demanded by OEM and aftermarket users.
- AR coatings available
- CO2 (CW)
- CO2 pulsed
- Dual wavelength
- Ultra-low absorption MP-5®
- Other custom wavelengths
- Thin-Film Polarizer (TFP)
- Dichroic beamsplitters
- Other beamsplitters
Our consistent, low-absorbing coatings offer a wide wavelength range and reflection values for 0.25 to 10 inch part diameters. These parts are available in OEM volumes to custom one of a kind.
- 5 to 98% reflective (standard)
- Ultra-low absorption MP-5®
- Rear Mirrors
Our all-dielectric coatings for high reflection, low absorption with controlled transmission are used in laser power monitoring.
II-VI also offers coatings for low-absorption total reflectors.
- Total reflective coating
- Band-selective coating*
- Stable resonator
Our low-absorption coated intercavity mirrors are used to increase laser power or if desired, as polarization locking mirrors.
|Coating chambers at our Saxonburg facility.
*Specialized coatings designed to help force the laser cavity to lase at a desired wavelength band. Reflection and wavelength values are available in a wide range.