|Diamond Turned Faceted Mirrors
Diamond Turned Faceted Lens
|Non-rotationally symmetric geometries are now possible through the utilization of fast and slow tool servo technologies.
FAST TOOL SERVO (FTS)
Up to 70µm of departure from rotational symmetry can be realized using a piezoelectric fast-tool device. Fast tool servo processes are capable of producing RMS surface roughness less than 50 angstroms and figure accuracy less than 0.2µm peak-to-valley.
SLOW TOOL SERVO (STS)
For non-rotational symmetry greater than 70µm, slow tool servo technology is applicable. Components with departure of 3mm have been successfully diamond turned at II-VI. RMS surface roughness less than 100 angstroms and figure accuracy less than 0.2µm have been realized using slow tool servo technology.
II-VI Diamond Turning has successfully integrated FTS and STS technologies simultaneously. This enables us to machine multiple geometries onto a single optical surface.
- Toroidal lenses and mirrors
- Off-axis conics and aspheres, working distances >300mm to infinity
- Spheric or aspheric cylindrical lenses and mirrors
- Ring focusing lens and mirrors
- Micro-lens and micro-cylindrical lens arrays
- Free-form wavefront correctors
- Reflective and transmissive multifaceted beam integrators
- Lens arrays